SQL Enlight 1.7 BETA
What’s new in SQL Enlight 1.7 BETA
- Improvements in analysis rules designer.
- Implemented several XPath extension functions including support for the http://exslt.org extension modules.
- Support for Statistics in analysis context.
- Updates of some of the analysis rules – EX0001, EX0002 and EX0003.
- SQML optimization. See the changes in SQML that may affect your custom analysis rules.
Previous release improvements and new features
- Integrated analysis rules are removed and now all rules are customizable.
- Analysis context – server details and database schema are now available during analysis and can be used in the analysis rules.
- Parameterized analysis rules – analysis rules can have parameters that to be specified before analysis.
- Executed statements history – new feature for saving reusing executed queries in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Improved analysis rule designer – support the new analysis context, testing of XPath expressions, tree views of test query SQML and analysis.
- Explicit analysis group – rules in that group can be executed directly from the SQL Enlight menu.
- New analysis rules – the default analysis template now includes 9 more rules ( 5 of them are explicit rules ).
- Export and import of analysis rules and analysis templates – analysis template and analysis rules now can be exported and easily shared between team members.
- Analysis before executing T-SQL script – analysis can be configured to be run just before executing T-SQL code in SSMS.
- Analysis rule selection before analysis – now you can choose which rules to use just before running the analysis.
- Extended SSMS object explorer analysis menu – the menu now allows using specific analysis group or analysis rule separately.
We have planned the release of the final version at the beginning for the third week of February 2010.
The beta version in now available for download here.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!