We are delighted to announce the release of the new major version 188.8.131.52 of SQL Enlight.
We have prepared some compelling new features in this release:
- In the Analysis Rule Designer, there are numerous enhancements – such as match suggestions, snippets, and simple rule expressions. See Analysis Rule Designer documentation for more details.
- New Simple Analysis Rule type that uses XPath match expressions and can be created using a few mouse clicks.
- Support for automatic fixing of code and database analysis issues – currently about 30 analysis rules have automatic fixes.
- Support for creating custom fixes for code and database rules.
- New analysis rule properties – technical debt properties and separate ‘How to fix’ description. The new properties will be used in the reporting and will allow some other view of the analysis results.
- The new Analysis Whitelist allows databases and objects to be excluded from the analysis results.
With the new major version of SQL Enlight, there are some changes to our licensing model:
- We divided SQL Enlight into two editions – SQL Enlight for Developers and SQL Enlight for Build Machines.
- We replaced the perpetual license for a major version with an update and support subscription combined with a perpetual fallback license for all the releases before the subscription end date.
- There are also changes to the Commercial and Personal license prices.
To be able to introduce the new improvements, we had to discontinue the support for the old SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio versions. SQL Enlight 1.9 will continue to work with the old SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio versions, but new fixes and features will only be released for newer versions of SSMS and VS.
These are the SSMS and Visual Studio versions that are not supported anymore:
- SQL Server Management Studio 16
- SQL Server Management Studio 2014
- SQL Server Management Studio 2012
- SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2
- SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2015
- Visual Studio 2013
- Visual Studio 2012
- Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2005