The release targets a few small issues that were found in the previous release.
We are delighted to announce the release of the latest SQL Enlight update – version 188.8.131.521.
This is a release of some exciting user experience improvements on which we worked the past months.
Here is a summary of what’s new in version 184.108.40.2061:
Instant Code Analysis
This is probably the most exciting feature in the new release. It allows the analysis to run in the background and get analysis results while a SQL document is edited.
Non-blocking UI operations
The analysis, refactoring and code formatting operations are no more going to block user interface and until the specific operation is completed, but will run asynchronously in the background.
Script Summary improvements
The Script Summary is now opened as a non modal tool window and the summary is updated in the background with the SQL document changes.
TFS Policies improvements
Clicking the analysis violations now will open the file,which is the source of the violation.
Enhancements in Error List
Added several filtering options and other improvements.
Other fixes, optimizations and improvements
We did many other improvements in MSBuild, NAnt tasks and command line tool, and Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio integration.
What’s updated in this release:
- Added 19 new analysis rules
- Improvements in analysis performance
- Improvements MSBuild and NAnt tasks
- Fixes of issues found in previous release
What includes this update:
- Optimizations of the analysis feature
- Fixes and improvements
Here is what’s changed in this update:
- Performance optimizations of the analysis feature
- Fix for LinqBridge.dll validation error
We are happy to announce that the next update of SQL Enlight is already here.
Here is a summary of what’s new in version 220.127.116.114:
- Support for SQL Server 2014 – T-SQL syntax enhancements and new schema features
- Support for analyzing SQL Azure databases
- The Command line tool, NAnt and MSBuild tasks can now accept regular expressions for filtering analysis target objects
- Several performance optimizations of the analysis feature
- Fixes and improvements
- Fixes of issues found in version 18.104.22.1682
What’s new in this update:
- Support for SQL Server Management Studio 2014 integration
- 64-bit architecture native support
- Improvements of the command line tool and MSBuild and NAnt tasks
This is just a maintenance release containing only fixes and improvements.
This week we released an update for SQL Enlight and SQL Enlight for SSMS version 22.214.171.1243.
The update include the following improvements common to both editions:
- Small improvements and fixes
- Improved Analysis rules selection dialog:
- Added support for Visual Studio 2013
- NAnt tasks which were missing in the previous version are now included
Changes specific to SQL Enlight:
Changes specific to SQL Enlight For SSMS:
Download SQL Enlight and SQL Enlight for SSMS here.