We are happy to announce the final release of SQL Enlight 1.7. The tool is available for download here.
Improvements and new features in SQL Enlight 1.7
- Integrated analysis rules are removed – now all rules are customizable.
- Analysis context – server details and database schema are now available during static code analysis and can be used in the analysis rules.
- Parameterized analysis rules – analysis rules can have parameters that to be specified before analysis.
- Executed statements history – new feature for saving reusing executed queries in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Improved analysis rule designer – support the new analysis context, testing of XPath expressions, tree views of test query SQML and analysis.
- Explicit analysis group – rules in that group can be executed directly from the SQL Enlight menu.
- Export and import of analysis rules and analysis templates – analysis template and analysis rules now can be exported and easily shared between team members.
- Analysis before executing T-SQL script – analysis can be configured to be run just before executing T-SQL code in SSMS.
- Analysis rule selection before analysis – now you can choose which rules to use just before running the analysis.
- Extended SSMS object explorer analysis menu – the menu now allows using specific analysis group or analysis rule separately.
- Support for several XPath extension functions including support for the http://exslt.org extension modules.
- New analysis rules – the default analysis template now includes 19 new static analysis rules.
Thank you all, for your feedback and suggestions! You helped us in creating all the great new features in the current SQL Enlight release!
Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do!